Sahoro Ski Resort » Japan
Sahoro is set in Hokkaido, about a 2.5 hour bus ride from New Chitose Airport. It is covered with soft powder snow with the slopes literally on the doorstep of your accommodation. From the minute you breathe in the crisp mountain air, you’ll feel the peace and tranquillity the Japanese have held dear for centuries. This medium sized ski resort is perfect for first time skiers to intermediate, with a range of slopes from beginner to advanced. Set below the treeline, advanced skiers and boarders will prefer to go off-piste as the tree-skiing is where it is at. Some of the many apres activities include snowmobiling, ice-fishing, snow shoe tours, snow rafting, horseback trekking, tubing and sledding.
Sahoro Resort - Mountain Facts
- Season 01Dec – 01Apr
- Snowfall 8-9 metres
- Lift Base/Peak Altitude: 420m /1030m
- Vertical 610 m
- Longest run 3 kms
- 17 trails, 50% beginner, 20% intermediate, 30% advanced
- Mountain Restaurant and lounge at Gondola station #2
- Snow park: Yes
- First Tracks: Yes, available mid-Dec to late Mar 2019. 1000 yen per person, must be prebooked.
- 7 Chairlifts & 1 Gondola
- Lifts Open/Close 9:00am/6:00pm* (*4:00pm during early Dec and late Mar)
Sahoro Resort - Snow & Weather Forecast
Considering Sahoro this ski season? Keep up to date with the latest weather and snow forecasts below to guarantee you never miss out on another pow dump or bluebird day.